Sunday, July 6, 2008

what nursing teaches you about real life....

So, after a few weeks off, it hit me. My life has been greatly blessed by the ABILITY to touch so many people through my words and deeds. My knowledge helps teach people how to be or get better, and how to enrich their personal lives.
I am not a NASTY nurse. I am a firm believer that your attitude on the clock determines what kind of shift you're going to have. You can't change the patients, you can't change the orders, but you CAN change how you react to it.
Personally, I believe that this is why my personal life has been the smoothest it's ever been. I enjoy the world, the annoyances don't seem to bother me as much anymore, and my friends have never seemed so important!
After 4 years of not really having any kind of relationship, I now have choices when it comes to who I WANT to spend my time with. I value the time I have been spending with 2 or 3 select people who seem to make the days go by faster....and fill them with hope and the promise of change.

No comments: