Wednesday, February 13, 2008

clinicals SUCK!!


Ok, normally I feel so put together....at least enough so I can give adequate care to my patients....Today? WHOLE other story....only 4 patients but I had a lady who was already having issues, snoring (while waking up long enough to rate pain at 10/10), I did my best to help her be cooperative in her care, but she wouldn't leave her oxygen on 1/2 the dang time! NO wonder she was complaining of being short of breath, pulse ox in 80s, etc..... I felt like the guy in this pic....

Then, I had another patient who was the Sweetest former nurse...she was so willing to let me do things that I had to with her, like draw blood, start a new IV, give meds, etc....
Just tough to give care, it's a problem when you have to do things and the patients doesn't want you to do much and what you DO want to do, they won't let you.....
School wise, things are good. Getting B's in theory and trying to pass other things...tomorrow is a day with "dear old dad". I love him, but days with him are sometimes a shot of never knowing what's in store exactly.....so, will probably not get anything done tomorrow.....
Gotta sleep, I'm beat from the week, and it's only WENDSDAY!!!!!

No comments: