Thursday, February 21, 2008

When the nursing student gets sick....

So....I'm sick. Not your typical "oh, I'm a little stuffy, little cough, feel like crud, just need to sleep sick." This is your "My sinuses feel like I've had nasal surgery with extra packing, If I blew my nose outside I think my snotball would go into orbit, I'm coughing up stuff that has NO business being in my lungs, etc.
I've already called off for tonight, and hoping that I don't need to again tomorrow. I could really use a decent paycheck for a change.
So, what do I do? Well, so far nothing, but if I get the energy back, I'm going to spend my sick day writing presentation summaries, finding articles to write summaries for, and read chapters in my med-surg book.
I've got ice cream(not nutritious, but tastes good on a sore throat.), soup, noodles, and a PB sandwich planned for dinner. Planning on sitting in the shower for 20-30 mins later to break up the congestion. Drinking water continousely, to thin out said congestion....and hoping I don't have to answer the phone tonight as "I canot snd rite...tink I'm gona heck upp a lug.."
nite all....at 3:15PM....

No comments: